Re: saveplace does not work with emacsclient

From: P G L Porta Mana
Subject: Re: saveplace does not work with emacsclient
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:01:24 +0100

Thanks for your answer. I use a precompiled version of Emacs (got from
AucTeX website) on a Windows XP machine. There is both an emacsclient.exe
and an emacsclientw.exe binary there. The second eliminates the
appearance of a cmd shell. More can't I say since I don't understand more
than that.

I have temporarily fixed the bug now, by setting

(setq server-visit-hook (quote (save-place-find-file-hook)))

in my .emacs file. I must yet see whether this interferes with inverse
search, ie when emacsclient(w) is called with the +[line] option.

- Luca