Re: 23.0.50; DISPLAY env var bug on w32?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; DISPLAY env var bug on w32?
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 02:58:45 +0000

On 08/01/2008, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <address@hidden> wrote:

> But I doubt that reverting something is the right fix. At the moment I
> wonder if all that need to be fixed is perhaps emacsclient. Why should
> emacsclient send DISPLAY info to Emacs on w32?

Well, there are emacs that run on windows with _X11_ GUIs too: cygwin
and its X11 server and the cygwin build of emacs.   In that case, a
DISPLAY env var would be absolutely legit, and an emacsclient would be
expected to propagate it.

I don't really know anything about "multi-tty", so I wonder: is it
possible or planned to have a single emacs process that supports
_both_ w32 and X11 gui types?