Re: 23.0.50; ps-print-buffer-with-faces hangs on w32

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; ps-print-buffer-with-faces hangs on w32
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:09:27 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
On my pc (Windows XP pro) printer has here got the value C:\PRN. That value has nothing to do with my printer, which is a Windows printer.
What is a Windows printer? Do you mean a printer whose drivers do not expose a standard printer device?

I think I should have said "winprinter" or "GDI printer" (see my reply to Vinicius). The printer is attached through USB.

Maybe I was wrong about that PRN does not have anything to do with this printer. Is that what you mean with a "standard printer device"?

Emacs support for printing on w32 is not complete (see the long discussions between me and Eli earlier). It seems to be rather much job to finish that. That is not what I am after now, I just tested to see what would happen, ie if Emacs failed in a nice way.

It did not. It hanged completely (C-g etc does not help, trying to close the frame/w32 window does not help). Is there anything we can do to avoid this hang?