Re: RFC: status icon support

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: RFC: status icon support
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:01:03 -0500

        The K&R function declaration style is obsolescent in C99. This means
        that compilers are allowed to reject such code or accept it with a
        warning message. In either case, they aren't allowed to ignore it.

    Compilers are not allowed to accept this style of declaration without
    warning.

Not allowed?  Nobody can stop us!

The point is that Emacs does NOT have a convention against K&R
function definitions.  When Dan told Tom Tromey to rewrite to ANSI
style, he implied that that was our convention.  That is not so.

I do not want to have a discussion about changing this, because there
are other, more important things to spend our time on.  For instance,
a few bugs remain in Emacs 22.