Re: Font lock in GUD buffer

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Font lock in GUD buffer
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:27:43 +1300

 > > I would like to be able to vist file locations from the GUD
 > > buffer.
 > > [...]
 > > Does anyone know how to do this cleanly?
 >
 > compilation-shell-minor-mode?

Thanks.  It's nearly the right thing but the fontification on the links
disappears after every input GDB command and I have to do "M-x
font-lock-fontify-buffer" to get it back.  I notice that if I run GDB from
within a shell buffer the fontification on the links doesn't disappear but it
still does for the mouse-face and help-echo from previous input commands.

It looks like compilation-shell-minor-mode is rewriting the font-lock rules,
not just adding to them.