address@hidden: Re: bugfix: python.el: completion in inferior python]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: Re: bugfix: python.el: completion in inferior python]
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:19:40 -0500

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:34:41 +0100
From: Martin Svenson <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Hi, Thanks for replying!

Sorry for not including that, my patch is derived from python.el in GNU
Emacs 22.0.990.1, but I also verified that the python.el in
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/ had the same problem. It
is due to python-imports being nil, making the pyfn
emacs.complete(symbol,python-imports) cast an "1 arg sent, expecting 2"
leading to infinite wait for _emacs_out.

In python-find-imports(), it correctly returns 'None' as the nil-value
if none are found. However, python-find-imports are only run for buffers
in python-mode (which the interactive python is not). I guess this is
more a feature than a bug, since python-complete-symbol is not bound to
any key per default in the interactive-python mode.

// Martin