Re: patch: add-log.el: changelog find file under poin

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: patch: add-log.el: changelog find file under poin
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 02:08:18 +0200

>     > Would someone please install this, and update NEWS?
>
>     Really? As was pointed out when this was first submitted two months
>     ago, ffap essentially does this already.
>
> Yes, really.  ffap is a global mode which not everyone wants.
> (I don't use it.)  This feature makes sense in Change Log mode.

Actually this feature makes sense not only in Change Log mode,
but in any buffer that contains a file name.  For everyone who
doesn't want using ffap, I think it would be good to implement
a feature that will always add a file name under point to the
list of minibuffer's default values for C-x C-f.  So C-x C-f
will keep its current behavior, and additionally will provide
a file name under point available via M-n.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/