Re: 23.0.50; Image support disabled by default?

From: Adolfo De Unanue
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Image support disabled by default?
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:23:58 +0000 (UTC)

> 2008-01-23  Yavor Doganov  <yavor <at> gnu.org>  (tiny change)
>
>       * configure.in: Use OPTION_DEFAULT_ON for xpm, jpeg, tiff,
>       gif, png and rsvg.
Hi,

I modify the configure.in, so now the lib images are in ON (i.e.
OPTION_DEFAULT_ON) but I am getting the same response after
the ./compile. The same thing happens if I use ./configure --with-ljpeg
--with-ltiff etc...

Any ideas?

Adolfo

[...]
  Where should the build process find the source code?
/home/nano/software/emacs
  What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/gnu-linux.h' and `m/intel386.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -g -O2
-Wno-pointer-sign
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
      (Using Doug Lea's new malloc from the GNU C Library.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    yes
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          GTK
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                Standard dirs
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   Standard dirs
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  no
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           no
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                no
  Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   yes
[...]

The weird thing is I have libxaw3d, libxpm4 (3.5.6-3), libjpeg (6b-14),
libtiff (3.8.2-7),libungif (4.1.4-5), librsvg-2 (2.18.2-1) and libgpm
(1.19.6-25) installed! (Including the -dev)

What is the problem? Maybe I have to update all the libs? By the way I
am running a Ubuntu Gutsy.