Emacs CVS, ispell-change-dictionary etc...

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Emacs CVS, ispell-change-dictionary etc...
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:11:57 +0100

I have noted that when for a buffer flyspell-mode is enable, then this is saved in .emacs.desktop so the next time one starts Emacs the buffer is reloaded with that mode enabled.

But if one also change the default dictionary
(M-x ispell-change-dictionary), the new dictionary is not saved for that buffer in .emacs.desktop!

Shouldn't it be saved?

My opinion is that when flyspell-mode is enabled also the current dictionary should be saved in the desktop file. But this is only my opinion and sorry for the noise.

Cheers,
   Angelo.