Re: Tabbed buffers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tabbed buffers
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:07:29 +0200

> From: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:12:47 +1300
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>  > > On help-gnu-emacs, Per Nordlöw has asked about showing the threads view
> by
>  > > default in gdb-ui.  The problem is trying to fit so many windows in a
>  > > single frame.
>  >
>  > For that specific problem, you could put each thread's info in a
>  > separate set of GUD buffers, and have a gdb-ui command to switch them
>  > all in lockstep.
>
> I thought lockstep referred to stepping all threads together.

Do I have to apologize that English is not my first language?

> Anyway, I am thinking of using a separate multi-window frame for each thread
> with indirect buffers for the source

Multiple frames would be a nuisance in gdb-ui, since many users (at
least many that I witnessed) make Emacs full-screen when they use
gdb-ui, because otherwise it's hard to see enough stuff in each one of
the 6 windows.  That is why I suggested to reuse the same windows for
the other threads.