GNU Project [was: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like]

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: GNU Project [was: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:57:38 +1300

 >     I'm interested to know what it means to be part of the GNU Project
 >     because I work on both Emacs and GDB but, in practice, I can see no
 >     formal synergy between the two, or preference towards each other.
 >
 > We should be designing them both to work well together.  For instance,
 > the GDB developers should pay attention to what your Emacs work needs.

Yes, but that much would be true for any other free software project
like kdevelop or cgdb.  From reading http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html
it seems to basically imply availability ftp.gnu.org on and consistency in
coding, documentation and licencing.  With regard to the latter, it sounds
a bit like a certification.