Re: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Re: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:36:25 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Eric Lilja wrote:
Here's the full session log performed on fresh cvs checkout (old files removed first). Hope attaching it works (posting through gmane, it's rather big), I can host it if it doesn't work.

mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory `c:/blandat/editors/emacs/cvsemacs/emacs/admin/unidata' "../../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe" -Q --multibyte -batch -f batch-byte-compile unidata-gen.el
    Cannot open load file: encoded-kb

Search the archives for this message. It is a symptom of some problem with your build environment, I can't remember exactly what.

Good catch, however, I can't find any information that helps me solve the problem (I googled it). It seems to be a problem when running carbon emacs (I'm not) or when trying to compile native windows emacs with cygwin's make (I'm not, I'm using mingw-make). Nothing in my environment has changed the last days that I know of and I was able to build emacs-23 right before the merge just fine. Thanks for trying to help, though, I appreciate it!

- Eric