Re: charprop.el and uni-*.el

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: charprop.el and uni-*.el
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 09:39:42 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> > From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> > Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:24:55 +0900
> >
> > I intended to put files charprop.el and uni-*.el under
> > lisp/internatinal in CVS, and someone who re-generats them
> > from admin/unidata/UnicodeData.txt (perhaps by getting the
> > recent version of that file from unicode.org) commits them.
[...]

> And what happens when the next Unicode release publishes a new version
> of UnicodeData.txt?

Someone get it, run make in admin/unidata, commit the newly
generated uni-*.el.

> > In the future, I'll write a code to gradually generate data
> > in uni-*.el from UnicodeData.txt (storing it under etc) on
> > demand

> How is this different from what we have now?

We don't need a little bit cryptic uni-*.el files.  We can
also delete admin/unidata.  Perhaps the first call of
get-char-code-property is will be faster (especially when
PROPNAME is 'name).

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden