Re: The bootstrap of Emacs on Cygwin is broken [Is also: unicode branch

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: The bootstrap of Emacs on Cygwin is broken [Is also: unicode branch is merged to trunk]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 03:10:04 +0100

Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:35:09 +0100
From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
CC: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden

May you suggest an optimal value for STATIC_HEAP_SIZE ?

How about calling report_sheap_usage from GDB, like so:

  (gdb) call report_sheap_usage(0)

It should print how much of the static heap is used.  By defining a
large value of STATIC_HEAP_SIZE and measuring its usage with this
function, you could estimate the optimal value.

Well, I have completed the bootstrap (now it take 3 hours aganist 1 - 1.5 of 23.0.50 builds) without stackdump. I have used 32MB for STATIC_HEAP_SIZE and, this time, I have configured to use XFT and LUCID (on Cygwin, GTK is not yet possible! Ooops... obviously I did a GTK bootstrap on GNU/Linux Kubuntu 7.10!):

LDFLAGS='-Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base' \
${source_dir}/configure --prefix=${prefix_dir} \
                        --enable-font-backend \
                        --with-x-toolkit=lucid

Adding

Emacs.FontBackend:      xft
Emacs.font:             Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-14

to .Xdefaults  l e a v e s  without words!!!

Hope only it is stable!

Cheers,
   Angelo.

---
http://www.webalice.it/angelo.graziosi

Facesti come quei che va di notte,
che porta il lume dietro e se' non giova,
ma dopo se' fa le persone dotte.
--
                  DANTE, Purgatorio, xxii 67-69