Re: choice for the new emacs icon

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: choice for the new emacs icon
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 03:44:54 +0200

> The advantages for the new one:
>  - it looks better IMO
>  - the author has been willing to refine the icon, so he has an interest
>  in emacs.  Given that we don't really have contributors that can do
>  things like this, we want to attract future possible contribution on
>  the artistic side. We do need more and better icons for the tool-bar.

Maybe then every major Emacs version should have a new icon?  This will
help to visually distinguish icons for different Emacs versions.

It seems this is already a long established practice: Emacs 19 has a
kitchen sink icon, Emacs 20 - a mushroom, Emacs 21 - a gnu's head,
and Emacs 22 - a notebook.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/