Re: unexec problem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: unexec problem
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 17:20:27 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 23:15:34 -0500
>
>       cd src
>       gdb ./temacs
>       (gdb) set logging on
>       (gdb) break malloc
>       (gdb) commands
>        > bt
>        > continue
>        > end
>       (gdb) run --batch --load loadup bootstrap
>
> I tried that.  After it had run for several hours and produced 190 meg
> of data, I killed it.  I deleted the file because I can't possibly
> see any pattern in such a big collection of data except by some
> automated method, and we don't know what it should look for.

Maybe "bt N", where N is some small number, will produce a more
manageable file.

> If you have a concrete idea for how to analyze that data,
> I could run it again.

The idea was that maybe some library function we are now calling, and
that calls malloc internally, causes the corruption of the memory
allocation in the dumped Emacs.  I don't know how to spot such a
function except by the method I suggested.