Re: Image DLLs for the Windows binary of Emacs 22.2

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Image DLLs for the Windows binary of Emacs 22.2
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:31:01 +0000

Reiner Steib wrote:
On Thu, Jan 31 2008, Reiner Steib wrote:
Any comments or a decision about the other image DLLs?

Unless someone comes forward willing to do the work involved in finding an up to date version of each library that builds on Windows, then it isn't going to happen. I put in the work for the XPM library, because without that library the toolbar and other images built into Emacs do not display correctly. For other formats, I don't think the benefits outweigh the effort required.

PS it is not clear from the previous thread which you posted some messages from what the consensus was. We started talking about incuding libXpm (only) in Emacs CVS, and in fact Richard seems to be disagreeing with bundling any image libraries in the binary, and instead distributing them alongside Emacs which is what I was questioning, since I think the "other people say that would be a pain" was actually in relation to including libXpm in CVS.