Re: change cursor type when idle

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: change cursor type when idle
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:30:25 -0800

  > Would people please read this and comment on the code?

 - There's too much code, the compatibility code should go
 - Too many knobs to turn
 - What's the point of changing the cursor when emacs is idle?
 - What's the point in changing the cursor in a read-only buffer?
 - Someone that uses input methods should comment if changing the cursor
   for when doing that is useful.
 - Changing the cursor in overwrite mode seems like a good idea, other
   editors do it too.
 - IMO we should only consider adding this if we are willing to turn it
   on by default.  If it's not considered useful enough to be on by
   default, then it seems like fluff that it's not worth documenting.