Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:19:10 -0500

>     There are some differences between the two, but I believe they're all
>     changes that we applied and the he preferred not to include in
>     his version.  In any case we should strive to minimize the differences.

> In that case, it makes sense to install his newer changes
> into that branch, and also into the trunk -- in parallel.
> It would not make sense to install them into the trunk FROM or VIA
> that branch, because that way we would revert the changes he did
> not accept from us.

That branch is there specifically for that purpose.  If you want to know
more, read up on "vendor branch" (the original motivation for writing
CVS in the first place).  (info "(cvs)Tracking sources")

Basically, you have to commit the new version on that DAVELOVE branch,
and then use "cvs update -j<lastrev> -j<thisrev>" on the trunk (or in
the 22 branch) to bring the changes that need to be merged.

        Stefan