Re: CUA-mode features and documenation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CUA-mode features and documenation
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:50:50 +0900

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>> _Instead_ of?  I think you've been smoking too much Xah Lee...
> I am not an extremist but it seems that having two similar menu items
> will be too confusing.  I think `cua-selection-mode' is closer to what
> most users expect from this type of thing nowadays.

Most users expect MS word.  That's not what Emacs is.

transient-mark-mode is a popular and straight-forward feature that
highlights (heh!) Emacs' native command set, and I don't think we should
bury such things.

Opposition, n. In politics the party that prevents the Goverment from running
amok by hamstringing it.