Re: 23.0.60; restarting X causes emacsclient display bugs

From: Tom Rauchenwald
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; restarting X causes emacsclient display bugs
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:32:38 +0100

>     To reproduce:
>     1) start emacs in a detached screen
>     screen -dmS emacsserver emacs -nw -Q --eval '(setq server-name "foo")'
>     -f server-start
>     2) open an X frame
>     emacsclient -s foo -c -d :0
>     3) close the X frame and restart X
>     4) open an X frame (the first try always fails for me, so you may need
>     to do it twice
>     emacsclient -s foo -c -d :0
>
> Does this still fail for you?

Due to another bug I ran into I couldn't test this until today.

The problem seems to have gone away. Thanks to everyone involved in
fixing this!

It may be of interest what I intend to do: I want to issue something
like
screen -dmS emacsserver emacs -nw --eval '(setq server-name "emacs")'
\-f server-start
@reboot via cron, and then only open frames with emacsclient when
needed.

Tom

--
Then I drew in a breath, and my renewed will with it, lifted the rod
in my right hand, murmured a phrase in a language I didn't know, and