Re: 23.0.60; Defaut encoding for XML files should be undefined (instead

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Defaut encoding for XML files should be undefined (instead of utf-8)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:24:43 +0900

Lennart Borgman (gmail) writes:
 > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > Lennart Borgman (gmail) writes:
 > >
 > >  > Could you please tell more about how to find a master document in PSGML?
 > >
 > > Here are the local variables from our top page's source [...].  The
 > > interesting variable is sgml-parent-document.

 > Thanks, but were are these variables defined?

Here's the docstring for sgml-parent-document.  I suppose the rest are
similarly from psgml.el or related libraries.

`sgml-parent-document' is a variable declared in Lisp.
  -- loaded from "psgml"

Value: nil

Setting it would make its value buffer-local.

Documentation:
*How to handle the current file as part of a bigger document.

The variable describes how the current file's content fit into the element
hierarchy.  The value should have the form

  (PARENT-FILE CONTEXT-ELEMENT* TOP-ELEMENT (HAS-SEEN-ELEMENT*)?)

PARENT-FILE     is a string, the name of the file containing the
                document entity.
CONTEXT-ELEMENT is a string, that is the name of an element type.
                It can occur 0 or more times and is used to set up
                exceptions and short reference map.  Good candidates
                for these elements are the elements open when the
                entity pointing to the current file is used.
TOP-ELEMENT     is a string that is the name of the element type
                of the top level element in the current file.  The file
                should contain one instance of this element, unless
                the last (Lisp) element of `sgml-parent-document' is a
                list.  If it is a list, the top level of the file
                should follow the content model of top-element.
HAS-SEEN-ELEMENT is a string that is the name of an element type.  This
                element is satisfied in the content model of top-element.

Setting this variable automatically makes it local to the current buffer.