Re: State of VC?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: State of VC?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:57:31 +0900

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:
>    Is there a way to force vc-directory to not show "(ignored)"
>    entries?
>
> I don't see "(ignored)" entries, even w/ fresh-built "emacs -Q".

Do you have any junk files around in that directory, which match your
git ignore specs?

If I just do M-x vc-directory RET in a git directory, I see stuff like:

  -rw-rw---- (ignored)  2007-07-31 15:16 +foo
  -rw-rw---- (ignored)  2008-01-10 15:07 ,1
  -rw-rw---- (ignored)  2008-01-10 15:19 ,2
  -rw-rw---- (ignored)  2008-01-10 15:32 ,3

[Some of the ignored stuff should be matched by my "user" gitignore file
(git config core.excludesfile), and some of it should be matched by the
.gitignore file in that directory.]

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen