Re: Projects and multi-file documents

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Projects and multi-file documents
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:51:52 +0100

* Stefan Monnier (2008-02-18) writes:

>> Also, I appealed to PSGML and AUCTeX for a reason.  There are many
>> cases now where multi-file documents are the norm.  I think that not
>> only DTP files, but also multi-file source programs could benefit from
>> these techniques, over and above what we get from tag tables already.
>
> Yes, Emacs needs to be improved w.r.t its support for multi-file
> documents, and projects in general.

AUCTeX is likely not a role model for multi-file handling.  The use of
file variables for the master file makes it only easy to search upwards
but not downwards.  RefTeX might be more interesting to look at.  Here
the result of parsing a multi-file LaTeX document is stored in a
separate file.

--
Ralf