Re: javascript.el

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: javascript.el
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:18:52 +0100

Phil Hagelberg wrote:

    Now that I think about it, it's somewhat ironic that JSON is
    supported but there's no mode for Javascript in Emacs. Have any of the
    many Javascript major modes[1] been considered for inclusion?

It would be nice to install a good one.  The way to do this is for
someone to study them, rate them, then see which ones' authors will
sign the legal papers.

I'll give that a shot and report back with my findings.

-Phil

Please look at the page

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/JavaScriptMode

where there are some comments on this. At the bottom you can see the current state as I have seen it. (Though my impression may be erroneous.)

It might be worth looking at what Ahmet Usal has done in Mewde too. Unfortunately I have not had time to do that myself.