Re: Wrong window end reported after splitting window

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Wrong window end reported after splitting window
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:36:42 +0100

> Why should only the current buffer receive window change
> notifications? The fact that the hook is added locally should not
> affect that.

What would be the purpose of making a hook buffer-local if not running
it for the current buffer only?

>> What you see is the value reported after splitting the window not after
>> enlarging it.
>
> Which is an error, isn't it? Enlarging the window is a window
> configuration change.

Yes.  But since you deliberately made the hook buffer-local it won't get
run :-(

I suppose what you want is to investigate all affected windows when the
corresponding configuration changes.  This means we'd have to change
`delete-window', `enlarge-window', `shrink-window',
`adjust-window-trailing-edge' and `set-window-configuration' as to walk
all windows on the frame, check whether one of the associated buffers
has a non-nil local value for `window-configuration-change-hook', and
run that hook (in addition to a global hook).  The question here is what
to do when the same buffer is shown in two or more windows on the
affected frame - should we call the hook twice in that case?

BTW, did you try how `window-size-change-functions' behaves in this
regard?