Re: pdbtrack

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: pdbtrack
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:49:00 +1300

 > that is a good idea - both adding a manual entry for it and getting a
 > jump start by adopting material from what i already wrote.  i'll try
 > to get to it soon - is there a particular date impending for the next
 > emacs minor release?

The next minor release (Emacs 22.2) will be made shortly from the branch
EMACS_22_BASE but I installed the changes for pdbtrack on the trunk from where
the next _major_ release will be made (Emacs 23.1?).  I don't want to
disappoint you but the release period between Emacs 21.1 and Emacs 22.1 was
five and a half years.  The release of 23.1 might be quicker, now that RMS is
stepping down as maintainer, but I would still be surprised if it was under two
years given that emacs-unicode-2 has recently been merged to the trunk.