Re: Extensive changes during pretest

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Extensive changes during pretest
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:20:54 +0000

Hi, Eli,

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 06:18:41AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:52:35 +0000
> > Cc: address@hidden
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>

> > >   2008-02-19  Alan Mackenzie  <address@hidden>

> > >     Set of changes so that "obtrusive" syntactic elements in a
> > >     C/C++/ObjC preprocessor line (e.g. an unbalanced string quote
> > >     or unmatched paren) don't interact syntactically with stuff
> > >     outside the CPP line.

> > [ .... ]

> > This was to fix a bug reported by a user.  I decided to fix it
> > properly, rather than with some temporary cludge (they rarely work
> > well).  The bug report was:

> Was that bug really that grave to warrant such extensive changes at the
> last moment?

I think it was.  The only workaround would require the user to change his
source code (or use a different editor).  Possibly I was mistaken.

> The bug was in incorrect fontification, right?

Incorrect fontification over the entire buffer after the #warning line
(or at least until the next apostrophe within a comment).  It also made
M-[ae] (statement/sentence movement) and C-M-[ae] (function movement) and
probably quite a lot else (anything involving the syntax table) go
haywire.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).