Re: patch: add-log.el: changelog find file under point

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: patch: add-log.el: changelog find file under point
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:23:06 -0500

    The fact that imenu doesn't understand special macros is one out of
    three aspects I listed (BTW, etags also handles SYSCALL, ENTRY, PSEUDO).
    Why did you ignore the remaining ones?

That is the only one I clearly understood.  I don't entirely
understand the issue of strings and comments, but it strikes me that
maybe those comments are part of the DEFUN contruct.  Comments don't
usually cause a problem because the text is inside them is indented at
least a little.  The exception is the comment in a DEFUN that really
specifies the doc string.

If that's the case where comments cause a problem, handling DEFUN
properly would solve that problem too.

I have no idea what the other issue is.