Re: Emacs pretest 22.1.91

From: Takashi Hiromatsu
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 22.1.91
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:16:18 +0900

Thank you for your information.

At Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:21:40 +0000,
Jason Rumney wrote:

> Takashi Hiromatsu wrote:
> > 1. Why the Xpm library order in 'image-library-alist was changed?
> >
> Because the one we are shipping with Emacs is called libxpm.dll. I ran
> into the same problem you are seeing when Gimp was in the path, because
> its xpm4.dll was incompatible with Emacs.

Could you teach me, what are the advances from or differences between
libxpm.dll from "xpm4.dll" or "libXpm-nox4.dll" ?

Now, we can get xpm4.dll easily from gnuwin32 homepage.(few years ago,
libXpm-nox4)

> > 2. Where libxpm.dll can be found?
> >
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/
>
> (the DLL is bundled with the Emacs binaries, source is in
> libXpm-3.5.7-w32-src.zip)
Thank you, I tried the DLL bundled with abovebinaries, then it works fine.

In my opinion,
    If your libxpm.dll has much advances than others, it should be placed
    at first in the alist. And it is better that the DLL can be take
    alone, not with huge package.
    If not, more popular one should be placed at first.

How do you think, Eli and Jason?

Takashi Hiromatsu