RE: mode-line menu for minor modes

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: mode-line menu for minor modes
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:22:56 -0800

> >   > I use the web interface, and I am on Windows, so no cvs
> >   > command. I just right-click one of the Download links
> >   > and save the file. But I couldn't find the right
> >   > Download link - I was using the first one, which I
> >   > thought was the most current and at the top of the
> >   > trunk (or whatever the terminology is).
> >   >
> >   > I'd still like to know which link would give me the
> >   > latest version that I needed to patch. Thx.
> >
> > Sorry, no idea. I've never used the web interface...
>
> This gives you the revision 1.328 for mouse.el in lisp/ :
>

> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/lisp/mouse.el?revisio
> n=1.328&root=emacs&view=markup
>
> You can reach this from:
>
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/lisp/mouse.el?root=em
acs&view=log

Thanks, but that's exactly where I went. But I picked the top download link
on the page (marked HEAD), figuring that it would be the latest. There is no
date listed for that entry, BTW.

Guess I don't know how the revisions are organized. Revision 1.328 is dated
Feb 21, but Revision 1.241.2.60, which is above it on the page and is the
first revision below the HEAD entry, is dated Feb 25.

> I don't know if there is a way to request the "latest"
> revision, instead of requesting a specific number.

Right. That was the question. Other than that, how do you know what specific
number to use?