Re: Bug trackers

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Bug trackers
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:02:00 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:

 > - As Richard mentioned, we would like/need to forward all bug-reports
 >   sent to address@hidden and address@hidden to
 >   currently for discussions, we would only want to forward those email
 >   whose subject doesn't start with "Re:".

I have a Mailman Handler that forwards *from* the Mailman list *to*
the tracker.  It's trivial and safe (ie, can't affect other lists),
thanks to Mailman.

As a matter of policy, I use the presence of References and/or
In-Reply-To headers, rather than contents of the subject line, to
identify replies.

To implement, you need to get the Mailman admin (site admin, can't do
it through the web) to add the Handler to the *list-specific*
pipeline(s).  Please get the relevant person to contact me directly.