Re: global authinfo mechanism in Emacs, Gnus, Tramp

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: global authinfo mechanism in Emacs, Gnus, Tramp
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:48:33 -0700

Ted> Can Emacs ask the Gnome keyring manager over some protocol for a
Ted> user's authentication alist?

Emacs could either use the keyring API directly, or it could use a
helper program.  When I was toying with keyring stuff I went the
latter route.  I can send 'ekeyring.c' (and 'keyring.el' for that
matter) if you want it.

FWIW the hard part about this project is just going through all the
existing elisp and wiring it up to the keyring.

Tom