Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} in

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} input methods
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 05:00:00 +0900

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
> Can anyone who uses quail shed light on this proposed patch?  Would it
> be of any use?

It seems clearly useful -- people do, after all, use the euro in France!
The only issue, it would seem to me, is whether the proposed bindings
cause annoyance for users of those input methods.

Also, there should be a binding in the `C-x 8' keymap for the euro
symbol, though I don't know what it should be (maybe just `C-x 8 E',
which is similar to the bindings used for £ and ¥).

-Miles

--
Un-American, adj. Wicked, intolerable, heathenish.