Re: crashes during Feval from within WINDOW_WANTS_HEADER_LINE_P

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: crashes during Feval from within WINDOW_WANTS_HEADER_LINE_P
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 21:35:52 +0000

On 1 Mar 2008, at 20:58, Nick Roberts wrote:

However, I keep getting crashes, always during the evaluation of said
function:

and it looks to me like the elisp function whose name is stored in
`window-wants-header-line-function' is a lisp primitive which either has
too many argumnts ( > 8 ) or whose argument list has been incorrectly
defined.

I found the same in the code, but this is not true. The function is

(defun need-header-line-p (window)  t)

and it seems to get called in some situations without problems.
Perhaps there is some re-entrance business when re-display is triggered from the Lisp side? Is that possible?

I've not found much in the way of documentation (beyond a section in the the Emacs Lisp Reference), and it's pretty hard to find one's way into the C source.

Either way, I've solved my problem now without calling a Lisp function.

- D