Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:11:52 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I played around for some time with a repository that was *nearly*
>> complete and it weighed in at around 450 M (with all branches).
>
> Hmm... that sounds like it's a bit bigger than git's, right?

A fresh checkout uses 187 MB (all branches) for the git data (the entire
working directory, including the git data, is 289 MB).

> Then again, for my typical use (where I always have 3-4 branches
> checked out at the same time), bzr's ability to share a repository
> among several branches would make up for that difference.

[There are several ways to share the object database between multiple
working dirs in git; e.g.  "git clone --reference"]

-Miles

--
Consult, v.i. To seek another's disapproval of a course already decided on.