Re: merging Emacs.app

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: merging Emacs.app
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:38:52 +0900

> Hopefully the Mac OS X guys can get together and decide to support
> just one of the non-X11 ports...

For Emacs 22, I'll maintain the Carbon port (and possibly the
Carbon+AppKit port) unless my development environment for older
versions of Mac OS gets broken.

For Emacs 23, I don't have a plan to develop the Carbon port.
The Carbon+AppKit port may be for my personal use only (I already
have the Core Text font backend driver for Leopard, and I can
ignore multi-tty for my own use), unless the Cocoa/GNUstep port
fails to become good enough.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden