Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:15:30 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   > I'd rather improve the general completion mechanism, than only improve
>   > it for buffer selection.
> That would be great too.  But we also need to consider the fact iswitch
> is here now, it works and is useful

.... and is a completely and utterly different interface, one which is
hated by many, and arguably is extremely confusing for newbies.  You
can't just drop in such a radical and controversial change by saying
"oh, but it's here now, and it works..."

I think a rather more evolutionary approach to improving to the general
completion interface is much better, and safer.

Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?