Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:10:11 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   > .... and is a completely and utterly different interface, one which is
>   > hated by many, and arguably is extremely confusing for newbies.
>
> We must have different experiences: all the newbies that I've shown
> iswitchb loved it.  That's the main reason to propose this.

I'm not saying that many people don't find it useful, simply that at
first glance, if you aren't expecting it, it can be rather ... daunting.
Of course, I suppose it's somewhat less so when one is given a personal
introduction...

There are many great features in Emacs which we probably don't want to
spring on the unprepared.

-Miles

--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen