Re: Patch: enhanced mark navigation commands

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Patch: enhanced mark navigation commands
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:09:05 +0200

>   > > Eclipse has a tool-bar button that provides very similar functionality,
>   > > you might want to consider adding something like that in case this gets
>   > > approved.
>   >
>   > Do you mean that after going to a line by its number it allows
>   > returning back to its old position later by typing M-left and forward
>   > by M-right?
>
> No, there was no mention of M-{left,right}, just of a tool-bar button.
> No, it's not only about going to a line by its number, but something
> very similar to the proposed functionality.

As I see, these are two separate features: M-left/M-right to navigate
between positions that were recorded after long distance jumps like
`Go to line', and tool-bar buttons to navigate between last edits.
The latter is different in Emacs since positions of last edits
are stored only in the undo list, not in the mark ring.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/