Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:40:31 +0900

>     Basic CUA functionality is already split into a separate module,
>
> It sounds like basic CUA functionality includes more than this one
> feature.  If we want to install the shift-arrow feature by default, we
> should install just that, and implement it in the best way we can.

Try the code I posted yesterday (in this same thread, but with the
Subject: line changed to "deactivation in "shift-select" mode").

It does a good job of implementing the desired shift-select
functionality, with _extremely_ simple code.

I think something similar would be a great basis for implementing this
feature for default emacs use -- it's very simple and does exactly
what's wanted for the typical user.

-Miles

--
Generous, adj. Originally this word meant noble by birth and was rightly
applied to a great multitude of persons. It now means noble by nature and is