Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Andrea Russo
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:07:01 +0100

Jason Earl <address@hidden> writes:

> After a few false starts I have been successful (at least as far as I
> can tell) in importing the Emacs CVS repository into Bazaar.

Thank you.

> If anyone is interested in playing with the results you can check out
> the HEAD of the CVS repository with:
>
> bzr clone http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs/trunk/

I tried with:

bzr clone http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs/trunk/ emacs-bzr

I ran it for 8 hours over a 2Mbit ADSL line then got bored (because it
was crunching my hard disk) a killed it. The bzr status bar was around
70%.

I used to keep in sync my Emacs repository from Miles Arch repo and IIRC
the inital copy took much less time.

Recently I switched to git using `git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git' and
the clone operation took less than an hour.

Regards,
Andrea.

--
Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics;
I can assure you that mine are still greater.