Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Jonathan Lange
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:52:23 +1100

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> My first impression is that bzr is slow, so slow that it is completely
>  unusable.  How can it come that a simple bzr log takes more than a
>  minute to even start?  Even cvs log is instantaneous in comparison,
>  although it has to request the log from the server.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, 'bzr log' and 'cvs log' are doing
very different things. 'bzr log --line' is much closer to typical 'cvs
log' behaviour.

Also, there's now a patch for Bazaar to make 'bzr log --line' a lot
faster --
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C47D9E60A.6030203%40canonical.com%3E

jml