Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:15:02 +0100

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  I'd also like to hear from people working on other platforms (Macs OS
>  X, Windows) to make sure that the Bzr mirror can be used there as well.

I've done a bit of testing with Jason Earl's mirror, using bzr 1.2.0
on Windows XP.

It is slow. As I already reported,

   bzr log --limit=30 --short lisp\ChangeLog

consumed all available memory and had to be killed. Also surprising,
using Jason's shared repository setup example, a simple

  bzr merge --pull

from the sandbox branch takes ten or more seconds, and that's a purely local op.

 Juanma