RE: C-r and C-s in minibuffer should search completion

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: C-r and C-s in minibuffer should search completion
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:07:22 -0700

> > C-s searches the text in the minibuffer.
>
> It used to do it in Emacs-22, but it's not doing just that
> any more now.

I haven't seen the details, but my first impression is, "Pity".

Cursory reading (apologies for not digging in more earnestly) hints that
completion is willy nilly becoming a chimera. Some things belong together and
work well together; other things don't.

How about summarizing the changes made since Emacs 22 as well as the proposed
behavior and its rationale?