Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:11:03 +0100

>>Setting `window-min-height' and `window-min-width' to their minimum
>>values _should_ handle that.
>
> You mean "should work around this problem".  Yes, I know how to work
> around it, but you're not seriously proposing a patch that changes the
> defaults for window-min-height and window-min-width to 1, are you?

Certainly not to 1 because the comment in `set-window-text-height' tells
me

      ;; Setting window-min-height to a value like 1 can lead to very
      ;; bizarre displays because it also allows Emacs to make *other*
      ;; windows 1-line tall, which means that there's no more space for
      ;; the modeline.

but I probably wouldn't mind setting them to 2.  Rather keep a window of
height 2 and resize it when needed than have Emacs delete it.