Re: 23.0.60; Occasional hangs in flyspell-mode and ispell-word

From: Markus Triska
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Occasional hangs in flyspell-mode and ispell-word
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:06:13 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> so the accept-process-output refuses to do its job if it's run with
> quit-inhibited, which is the typical cause of problems such as the one

Thanks, I've applied this change locally to make sure this isn't the
cause here.

> When did this problem started?

I encountered such hangs with flyspell-mode definitely months ago
already, with Emacs.app (which was at that point quite up-to-date, and
already based on the Unicode branch plus multi-tty). I'm not certain
whether the then current trunk had the same problem, but I vaguely
remember similar problems with even earlier versions.

I get these hangs about twice or thrice a day when working on a large
LaTeX document with flyspell-mode activated. I hope you can reproduce
the problem if you enable flyspell-mode for modes that you often use.