Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 02:00:19 +0100

   Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

   > All of the DVCSs seem good.  No one marshalled any compelling arguments
   > in favor of one versus the other on technical grounds, and all other
   > things being equal, RMS (and maybe some others, perhaps including Yidong
   > and Stefan?) preferred bzr because it is a GNU project.

   In its current form bzr is not usable for a project of the size of
   Emacs.

Although performances are pretty bad in the current state, things
can be improved if we discuss with the bazaar team. The latest
pull from bzr are giving me some hope for the future -i.e. bzr
log --line/--short is pretty quick now (even with the emacs bzr
repository).

We should try to help improving bazaar as most as possible.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org