Re: acute accents

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: acute accents
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 01:59:59 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I am unable to get acute accent working on yesterday CVS trunk, using the
> > usual Spanish keyboard.  For example: á é í ó ú
>
> Tell us how to reproduce the problem, starting from "emacs -Q".
> Describe *every* step.  Assume we're complete idiots.

Starting as "emacs -Q" works!  I can type such character rightly.

It seems it was a problem of my '.emacs' configuration file.
All work rightly if I remove the below lines from my '.emacs':

  (setq locale-coding-system 'utf-8)
  (set-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)
  (set-keyboard-coding-system 'utf-8)
  (set-selection-coding-system 'utf-8)
  (prefer-coding-system 'utf-8)

Maybe it was due to my Debian 'etch' system is already using by default UTF-8.