emacs 23 display is problematic

From: Drew Adams
Subject: emacs 23 display is problematic
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 19:20:57 -0700

I hate to say it, but my experience so far with Emacs 23 is disappointing. The
display seems, well, f***ed up. Frames that are not the last one displayed go
blank or partially blank (even the selected frame, if not the last displayed);
the scroll bar sometimes turns into only a narrow sliver; frames flash when I
scroll; frame colors and other parameters are not correct; and so on.

Besides display problems (or maybe it's also related to display - dunno), Emacs
23 is  v e r y  slow in general.

Emacs 22 went through a rough period wrt frames too, so I don't despair - I'm
sure these problems will get ironed out. But it's a bummer that so much has
changed wrt the display of frames. Dunno if this is a Windows-only thing or not.
Anyone else seeing weird stuff like this?

Anyway, I don't mean to be discouraging, and I'll report bugs more specifically
as I am able to, but so far,...

(I'm using this: GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-04-04 on
LENNART-69DE564.)